Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jesus is coming again

Tonight when I was putting the kids to bed they asked for a Bible story. I thought it was too late, so I declined. Tabitha asked for just a quick one. I said, "Jesus is coming again. I love you. Goodnight."

With all the crazy weather we've been having I keep thinking of the Lord's second coming. I'm not a huge prophesy buff, but some verses in Revelation, speaking of the tribulation, seem to be pretty clear to me. I feel like the Lord is preparing the earth, so that when "crazier" things start happening it won't be totally unforeseen and maybe people will even be able to explain things scientifically.

The following portion is from Revelation chapter 16:

vs 8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and the power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
vs 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they did not repent to give Him glory.

Global warming, anyone?

No comments: