Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Date Night

My mom is in town, so Enoch and I asked her if she could watch the kids for us while we slipped out to have a cup of coffee. Enoch and I have been talking about going on a date for months and we finally got the opportunity. We ran over to Barnes and Noble to enjoy a cup of Starbucks. We chatted leisurely, mostly about the kids, of course! Then we strolled the store until they practically kicked us out. There was the 15 minute store closing warning and then the "The store is closed" announcement. It still took us another couple of minutes to get to the door where the worker was holding the door open for us.

We didn't buy any books, but we came across some interesting finds:

*There's a series of books I may check out of the library for Tabitha. The Judy Moody series is meant for ages 6-8 or 9.

*I searched for the "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" for Seth, but they didn't have it in stock. I'm probably going to order it on-line someday very soon!

*I saw the cutest game for Patricia: The Ladybug Game. I may get it for her birthday.

*Enoch was looking at Sci-fi/fantasy books. I don't even understand how someone can enjoy those! As for myself, I was eyeing the Shakespeare section. They had a good chunk of his works in an easy to read format. The old English is side by side with modern English. Maybe one day I'll get to those. I'm currently reading "Emma" by Jane Austen. I may read other of her works before I move on.

Two funnies I came across in the store:
*In the middle of the U.S. you can find: "Ingles en 100 Dias/English in 100 Days".

*Puzzles for Dummies. They have 1000 piece puzzles with numbers on the back so you know where to put them! What's the fun in that?!


When we came home from our outing the kids were all sleeping on our couches. They didn't want to go upstairs without us. :)

No comments: