Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Snack Time - Banana treats

For an afternoon snack one day I served this to the kids:





It was based on this pin I saw on Pinterest. Of course, mine doesn't look as good as the original, but the kids still enjoyed it (and so did I!).

I didn't have mandarin oranges for the sand, so instead I used more slices of bananas. Then, a yummy idea hit me. I sprinkled the bottom bananas with graham cracker crumbs!

Bananas will never be the same again! Its now a sweet indulgence at our house. Just this morning I brought bananas and graham cracker crumbs to a Bible study. (I totally forgot I was supposed to bring fruit, so I'm glad I had this on hand).

A few last thoughts:

  • This treat does not travel well. Its better to cut the banana on premises and sprinkle the crumbs afterwards.
  • I have lots of post ideas running through my head, I simply haven't had the time to type them up.
  • Don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love them!

2 comments:

Joy said...

What a good idea! It makes the "sand" way more authentic looking too:)

Michelle said...

I like the sandy look, though I can't get the tops of the palms to look good. Do you miss nice warm sandy beaches?