Monday, December 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

A few notes about last week's menu first. I was surprised with the Reuben casserole. It did taste just like a Reuben sandwich. Tabitha is generally our good eater, with Seth being a little more on the picky side. But with this dish it was the opposite. Tabitha didn't care for the sauerkraut or the rye bread. Seth enjoyed it! 

I had chips on our menu for a couple of the days. I didn't actually buy any, instead I made tortilla chips. I took some store bought tortillas and lightly covered them with butter, then sprinkled them with salt and cumin. I cut them up into about the right size triangle and then cooked them in a single layer on my griddle. The kids really like those a lot. I think the way I make them could use a little tweaking, but they turned out pretty good and I'm pretty sure they're healthier, too!

We didn't get to all of the recipes for last week, so those will be repeated on this list.

Here goes:

Monday- Chicken quesadillas
Tuesday- Greek chicken stirfry
Wednesday- Spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday- Tex Mex skillet
Friday- Chicken Kiev

We'll also have sides with these, but those won't be anything fancy. 

To check out more recipes visit Organizing Junkie.

Verse for thought: "In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:6

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Saturday sounds good! I love blue cheese!

My Menu Plan is up too! :)

mjf said...

I wonder if Enoch could come up with some type of Michelle's-Menu+Google-Map-based mash-up so that when I'm out driving around I could just text to "GOOGL" and get back a message saying something like "Turn right for Tex-Mex skillet at Michelle's place". Now that would be something : - )