Friday, January 18, 2013

This Week in Snacks

About a year ago I read Pamela Druckerman's book, "Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting". One of the many things I learned in that book, was the general pattern of eating that most French people tend to follow, which is:

Breakfast, Lunch, 4 o'clock snack, supper

That's it. Not 10 snacks a day.

Since reading, I've tried to implement this in our home. The hardest time for me to keep up with this was when I had a newborn. Not so much during pregnancy, but after! (I blame it on nursing.)

Anyway, what it boils down to, is one after school snack. 

The kids' favorite snack this week is pictured above. Its not as beautiful as the original by My San Franciso Kitchen which I pinned, but it was just as yummy.

Apple and Banana slices layered with peanut butter, melted chocolate and crushed peanuts.

I wanted to get the kids' reaction, when they found out what treat it was. Tabitha was too over the top and Seth wanted to pretend he didn't care. :) (Do you see Zachary in the background?) 

Here is a list of the other snacks we had this week:

  • Mint chocolate chip yogurt (the kids' fave- plain yogurt with sugar, chocolate chips and less than a drop of peppermint extract)
  • Popcorn (not microwave! Light snack due to an early supper)
  • Roasted Garbanzo Beans with Cajun Spice (this went over so-so, my husband really liked them, though)
  • Pepper jack cheese sliced and leftover wings from my lunch date with Enoch


No comments: