So, without further ado, I will give you some ideas. If you plan ahead you can serve your kiddos something different every day of the week!
- Smoothies. There are tons of recipes on the web. (Check out Allrecipes.com, Cooks.com and Tasty Kitchen just to get started - these are linked to their smoothies pages)
- Frozen waffles or pancakes - if you have time you can make your own, but I prefer buying them.
- Toast with toppings - some ideas: cream cheese, peanut butter, jam, gouda cheese, nutella, plain butter. Here is a special treat that my Dutch friend taught me: butter with chocolate sprinkles (it is most delish, but ssshhh. We don't want the kids asking for that all the time.)
- Muffins. You can make these the night before so they're ready for your morning. Here is a banana muffin recipe I have recently fallen in love with.
- Mini bagels with cream cheese
- Scrambled eggs or hard boiled eggs you've boiled the night before
- Parfaits. I love these. First place fruit (fresh or thawed frozen) on the bottom of a bowl. I like berries the best. Cover with your favorite yogurt. Top with your favorite not-too-sweet cereal or granola.
- Instant oatmeal if you're into that kind of thing. :) Try to add fruits or nuts.
- English muffins topped with pasta sauce and cheese then toasted. Mini pizzas. They'll love it. :)
Take a few minutes to check out my other back to school posts if you haven't done so already. ~Michelle