Friday, March 1, 2013

Seeded Playdough

We've been taking things super easy around here since over half of us have been recovering from the flu.


Ian has not been sick, so I wanted to have something fun for him to play with. I came across an easy no cook playdough from Teach Preschool. I halved the recipe and left it uncolored.... I kind of like the looks of it.


For "add-ins" I provided mustard seeds, coriander seeds, fennel, white rice and cloves. These are all things that we keep in our house. (They do indeed have an Indian father!)

 "Mommy, what's this?"
"A clove."

I didn't expect this to turn into a learning activity, but he did learn a few things.

I taught him how to knead dough.

I must say that the seeds don't really stick into the dough all that well, but we still had fun playing.

It didn't take long for the cookie cutters to come out and the rolling pin and some plastic knives and even his sisters came out of hiding and played. :)

The recipe:
  • 1/2 cup salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tbs cream of tartar
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1 tbs oil
Mix together and knead until dough forms.


No comments: