Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wise Complaints

There is a church in Kansas City, MO which started a campaign in an effort to stop complaining. The idea is to wear the purple bracelet, pictured on your left, for 21 days. During that time you're not supposed to complain at all. If you catch yourself complaining switch the bracelet to the other arm and start over. It takes three weeks to establish a new habit and this could be counted as a beneficial one. I ordered my free bracelet today. It takes about a month to get here, more or less. I love trying new things, so this is right up my alley. I'm hoping to see a significant difference in my attitude and that my example will have a positive impact on my kiddos.

My other big news is that I spotted my fourth grey hair today. For years I had just one. The other three seem to have appeared within the last couple of months. I'm kind of excited. I like how gray hair looks. I'm glad I don't have hundreds of them yet. That day will come and I'm sure I'll be ready for it then. Does this me I'm slowly gaining wisdom???? :D

1 comment:

marti said...

I have more grey than can be counted and I don't feel any wiser. I feel I have earned everyone of them and feel that if the Lord has blessed me with them, I, like you, will enjoy them.I do get lots of compliments!That helps with the acceptance thing...

The Lord is good in all He does, even grey hair!