Saturday, October 18, 2008

bird watching walk

This morning I went for a two hour walk near my house with the Audobon Society. The funny part about it was that before I left the house I checked my blog reads on reader. There I read my sister-in-law's experience with bird watching. My experiences are also very limited.

On the walk a kind older couple lent me a pair of binoculars. I couldn't believe the difference they made. The above picture was taken with my 200 mm lens and still it's hard to capture a good shot. But the binoculars allowed you to see the birds like they were right in front of your eyes. They move quickly and often, so keeping up with them is a bit difficult. 

I must say that I enjoyed the walk more than I thought I would. It was relaxing and beautiful. Also, being able to see some of the birds with bird watchers who could tell me what I was looking at or hearing was enlightening. 

I'm sure I'll never be an avid bird watcher, as I'm not really an avid anything, but I think I'll appreciate the little fliers a smidge more.
The moon forgot to go to bed this morning!

"Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped." Psalm 124:7

No comments: