Friday, May 18, 2007

Frugal Friday


I know everyone in the world has heard of coupons, but I've been going coupon crazy lately. I was encouraged from one of Rachel's posts to subscribe to the Washington Post Sunday paper. It so happened that the paper was having a 50% off sale, so for a 6 month subscription I paid a whopping $15.

Now when I get the ads for my supermarket or a nearby store I check the sales and my coupons. Coupling those two together has saved a lot of money. Usually over $15 per trip. I do make sure that I only buy things that I will use. Currently I have about 5 tubes of toothpaste, so I'm not planning on adding any more to that. On the other hand it is nice having a surplus, because you can give some away. At that point you're happy that you were able to get such a good deal and even more happy that you were able to supply someone else with a need they might have.

Often when new items come out they will have a coupon for you to get a free one, no strings attached. In the last two weeks I got a free razor and some Kandoo wipes. I will offer a word of caution about these free coupons. Both of the times that I had mine in the pile of coupons they didn't actually go through, with neither the cashier or I noticing. I had to go back and get a refund. So double check your receipt before you leave the cash register.

For more great tips visit Biblical Womanhood.

1 comment:

Eric Joseph Nally said...

Hey Michelle,

Still figuring out how to tag...last attempt didn't work. I'm not ignoring you...really :)