Tuesday, October 9, 2007

And can it be...

that I just cleaned? Last night when I went to bed our kitchen and breakfast nook floors were spotless and freshly mopped. Less than 24 hours later this is how it looks:

You can barely notice poor Patricia sitting amongst it all. Please note that this is just the kitchen. I did not snap my stairs which have chips all over them or the couch which had all of the cushions taken off or the tent that was pulled out of its bag or the squished tomatoes I cleaned off of the floor or the two separate puzzles which were out of their places or the pictures which were strewn all over the floor. On and on the list goes. Yes all of those things happened TODAY. Yes, the kids helped clean up a lot of them. No, I will not finish cleaning up before it's time for my "lights out". And no, every day is not this bad. As a matter of fact, I figured out why today was so crazy. I laugh as I write this. Today was as such, because yesterday I announced, quite happily, that Tuesdays are now TV free days in our home. To think that doing a good thing, such as shutting off the tv, ends up dragging me through torture is funny. I can't help but laugh.

Verse for thought: "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean; but much increase is by the strength of the ox." Proverbs 14:4

No comments: