Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fractured Prune

For months I've been wanting to try out this new donut shop called the Fractured Prune. They seemed to have an interesting take on donuts from what I've read in the coupons they offer. I finally went in today. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. When I told him I wanted a dozen donuts, he went into the back, got the batter ready, plopped it into the machine and then came back to ask me what I would like on top of them. At this particular branch they have a selection of 15 different glazes, ranging from honey and mocha to mixed berry and good old chocolate. So as these hot donuts come out of the machine they are then plopped into their glaze. From the glaze they go to any one of 10 toppings, which include mini chocolate chips, coconut and powdered sugar among others. They even have kids' meals, which consist of two donuts and a bottle of milk, served on a frisbee with their logo.

It seems that every branch has a different variety of choices. Here are samples of some of the specialty donuts I ordered today:

  • Banana nut bread: banana glaze, cinnamon sugar and peanuts
  • Peppermint Patty: mint glaze, mini chocolate chips
  • Ms. Prunella: mixed berry glaze, cinnamon sugar
Check out their site to see if there's one in your area and read the story of how they got their name. If you don't have one close by you, they do have franchise opportunities!

Verse for thought: "For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content." I Timothy 6:7,8

1 comment:

MPH said...

Would you mind not mentioning this place to my children?!