This afternoon Tabitha finally got a chance to use her cookbook. She made apple crisp (with a little help, of course). It was so yummy! The kids and I just gobbled it up. We halved the recipe and omitted the walnuts, so Patricia could also enjoy it (besides, we didn't have any in the house). Here's the recipe (it's super easy, thus kid friendly):
- 4 medium peeled, cooking apples sliced (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
2. Spread the apple slices in an ungreased 8"square pan.
3. Mix remaining ingredients with a fork; sprinkle over apples.
4. Bake uncovered until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.
Last but not least, Patricia turned 10 months old today!!!
Verse for thought: "Happy are the people whose God is the Lord!" Psalm 144:15