Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Tooth's Tale

Today I had my teeth cleaned and they told a story. The hygienist told me that it looks like my teeth have more wear on them then a normal person my age, caused by grinding which is caused by stress. She said she guesses that three children can do that to you. I had to correct her. Actually, I don't grind my teeth any more. I used to when I was a teenager and my jaw used to click from it (a symptom she told me about). She said something about the teen years being stressful. I agreed and left it at that.

That little conversation made me realize anew just how difficult my growing up years were. I'm not going to get into all the details, but I will say a few things.

Most importantly, I love my mom very much and she has taught me many good things. She has taught me, by example, how to build my children up with words. She has never put me down nor belittled me in any way. I am very thankful for that, because it comes natural for me to act in such a way towards my own children now.

My mom, named Patricia, is a very forgiving person. She doesn't hold grudges towards anyone. She is also very giving. She never has money, but no matter how little she has, she's willing to give it away to someone who may need it at that moment. Also, and this means a great deal to me, she loves to do puzzles! ~smile~

Even though she has all of these wonderful qualities she has a MAJOR flaw. You can watch this video of David Hasselhoff. There were many scenes like this when I was growing up. Watching this video brought back a lot of memories and some tears. Alcohol ruins lives. Like I said, I'm not going to get into all the details, but my teeth told the story that things indeed were stressful.

Even though, at one point, I was walking along the same path and would have ended up in the wrong direction, God snatched me from the wide road to destruction and planted my feet on the narrow road which leads to eternal life. I am so thankful for Christ's saving power.

Verse for thought: "And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
'Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!' " Revelation 5:13

2 comments:

MPH said...

I love that your daughter's name is Patricia GRACE. And I'm thankful for your salvation and mine.

bandanachick said...

Wow that is sad...praise the Lord that He brought you out of that!