You know what else? Its good! And its even dairy and gluten free. But there's bacon in it, so its not for vegetarians, although you can omit it. :)
This recipe makes a nice big bowl, but that doesn't deter our family from devouring it within 2 days. If you don't have 8 people living under your roof, you can easily half the recipe.
This is perfect for potlucks. Give it a try, have it as a side for dinner sometime.
Makes 16 side servings
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped and browned
- 3/4 cup raisins (or craisins or golden raisins)
- 3/4 cup nuts (I use peanuts due to daughter's tree nut allergy)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
In separate medium bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar and red wine vinegar. Pour over top of broccoli mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Not sure how long this would last, maybe 3-5 days.
Thanks Laura C. for sharing this recipe with me!