Sunday, January 20, 2013

Goal Update

This year I made a list of goals that I am working on. Tabitha, not wanting to be left out of the action, followed suit.

Her list basically consists of 3 things per month. Something with knitting (this month she learned to cast on), a specific book and cook one meal for the family.

Considering she has a whole month to complete 3 things, its totally do-able. Yet, its a large enough task that she actually feels like she's accomplished something.

She's already completed her January list!

Last week, she made us spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were tasty! She was so very proud of herself and I was proud of her, too!

I should add, that cooking is a new endeavor for her.


Meatballs
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs (We used gluten free)
  • one egg
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
Mix all ingredients together. Form into uniform balls. Bake at 350° F (175° C) for 20-25 minutes. Serve with favorite pasta sauce.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Good for you Tabitha!! I hope that my girls will be so talented and motivated when they get to be big girls like you!

Michelle said...

Joy, I'm sure your girls will be helpful in the kitchen. I've been seeing pictures of Leah's daughter making full meals. It made me realize that Tabitha was capable of cooking.

Heidi’sbooks said...

Way to go Tabitha! I've found that kids don't learn things by osmosis. I wish they did sometimes. It takes time to actually teach them to cook--and to teach them the Bible. Thanks for the inspiration, Tabitha.

Michelle said...

And thanks for the reminder that they won't learn the Bible by osmosis. :)