Monday, April 4, 2011

"Try It" Challenge - Week One

I'm excited to start this new challenge for the month of April. Clare over at Peak313 is hosting a "Try It" challenge. The idea is pretty straightforward. Each week for four weeks we're encouraged to incorporate a new food 4 out of 7 days. This weeks food is Greek Yogurt

Our family LOVES yogurt, but we don't each much of the Greek variety. Actually, we haven't eaten much yogurt lately, because I have started making my own (it's way cheaper!). I haven't made any in a while... maybe I've been blogging too much?? SO, it'll be nice to buy Greek Yogurt and find fun ways to eat it! I'll update you at the end of the week on how we ate it!!

Also, Clare includes a spiritual challenge along with the food item. This week we're supposed to pray more fervently for our elders. Didn't I just mentioned that I wanted to pray more? What a great way to be egged on. :)

5 comments:

Gláucia Mir said...

I looooooove greek yogurt! Sometimes you can find Chobani brand on sale, 10 for 10.
Their plain can be used in savory applications.
Their mango flavor is delicious!
ThMy favorite brand is oikos, It's cheaper at trader joe's but more pricey elsewhere!
If you add some fruit and granola, it's a perfect breakfast! Especially for a quick morning. And the 0% fat is great. Does not lack flavor at all!!
My 50 cents worth! :)

Rebecca said...

YOGURT is YUMMY! We started making our own yogurt....and it's been a great way to start our days with home made granola! I love your blog and am thankful you dropped by....and left a note. I too,am being lead to more prayer time...God seems to be placing that in front of me...even as I sit here and read through your blog,I see he is pushing you that way, too!!! Blessings!

Michelle said...

Glaucia, that's worth more than 50 cents! Thanks for all the tips. I think I told you before about my one experience trying greek yogurt and it wasn't good. :(

Rebecca, thanks for all your kind words. I also love your blog. Its great!

sharizat said...

mmm yogurt! it is yummy as it is beneficial. keep on making your own and this is how you turn it greek: line a colander with cheesecloth (or paper towel) put it over a bowl (so the mesh 'hangs over' to collect whey), pour your yogurt in it, cover with smaller plate (saucer) and place something heavy—can of crushed tomatoes, for example—I use my marble mortar. Wait couple of hours and you have your own greek style yogurt. and the collected way can be used for dough or as a marinade for meat.

Clare@peak313 said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for linking up. Can't wait to see how you like it...(again...) haha!!!

And glad that the spiritual challenge helped too!!!

Clare